Anger and fear when mixed with alcohol can create a situation of problem drinking. But the good news is that alcoholism is completely treatable. Just surrendering to this addiction won’t help you at all.
When a person is alcoholic he should be encouraged to leave this addiction. The main question is that where can a person go in such a case? Keep reading on for the details:
It is very important for an alcoholic to admit that he has a problem. And this problem need to be solves as soon as possible. There are several cases where the person lives in a state of denial even after various instances of blackouts and humiliation.
First of all you need to check if you are suffering from any of the below mentioned symptoms:
- Lying to your family about your alcohol intake
- Going to any extent for drinking and making excuses
- Need to drink because it can help in relaxing
- Always worried about getting out of alcohol stock
- Have severe blackouts after every session of drinks
- Always over drinking than you want to
- Trying to hide alcohol at weird places to avoid getting caught
- Lack of interest in the activities once you used to enjoy
- Risky behavior like drinking during pregnancy or driving and drinking
- Facing relationship problems
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms within a few days only
- Feeling of tolerance to alcohol
Risks Associated with Alcohol Intake
Alcohol intake gives rise to various dangers like:
- Brain and liver damages along with other organ damages
- Risk of developing specific types of cancers
- Excess drinking can also lead to death
- Excess drinking increases the risk of heart stroke
- A woman drinking in excess can face complications during pregnancy
- Even the new born can face several life threatening risks
- Drunk and driving cases can lead to death as well
- Increased tendency of suicide and homicide
Where can you go for Help?
- Try to get hold of your addiction yourself – If you feel that you have turned into an alcoholic it is better to consult a doctor or conduct a test yourself. But make sure you do everything under expert supervision. You can test just by stop drinking for a few days. If you start experiencing withdrawal symptoms, then you are defiantly an alcoholic
- Support Groups – If you have firm determination of leaving this addiction forever, you can contact support groups. There are various social support groups which are actively involved in this cause.
- Professional Help – You can go to a certified hospital and consult a doctor regarding your addiction. A therapist, psychologist or a counselor can be of help to you. This can be a best place for you to get started.
If you are facing or experiencing any of the symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor for addiction control procedures. You can get the details on anaheimlighthouse.com.