Minor defects in your teeth shape or color can be a concern, but there is a simple solution, which can bring you the bright smile. Dental bonding from dentist in Columbia Maryland is the best affordable option to make changes in your teeth and facial improvement.
Dental bonding process
Dental bonding process involves applying composite resin material on the teeth for concealing cosmetic flaws like –
- Oddly shaped
- Worn down
- Imperfection in size
Bonding material is used to fill small cavities as well as repairs damaged teeth. Color fillings applied perfectly complements your natural teeth color and blends in your smile seamlessly.
Advantages of bonding
- Less expensive in comparison
- Speedy process
- No need for anesthesia
- Avoids spread of decay
- Strengthens tooth walls
- Aesthetic benefits
Step by step bonding process
Dental bonding lasts for an hour, while the bonded tooth lasts for 10 years with appropriate oral care. The dentists will –
- Prepare composite resin – Your teeth enamel shade will be compared with shade guide. The dentist then starts to prepare bonding material that will blend with your original teeth shade.
- Prepare tooth surface – Tooth surface is slightly roughened and conditioning liquid is applied that helps resin (bonding material) to adhere more strongly.
- Apply bonding material – Resin is applied and molded in proper shape. Ultraviolet light or laser is focused on the bonding to solidify the material.
- Finishing touches – As soon as the resin gets cured, the dentist polishes and shapes the teeth to perfection.
Tips for dental bonding aftercare
- Brush, floss as well as rinse with mouthwash, daily
- Schedule a dentist clinic visit 2 times in a year
- Decrease tea, coffee, and red wine consumption
- Have lots of water after you eat to reduce acidity levels in the mouth and food particles stuck to the teeth
- Quit smoking
- Avoid activities like chewing hard objects or nail biting, which can chip the bonded teeth
- Instantly visit your dentist, if you feel odd while biting or sharp edges on the teeth
Dental bonding is a vital investment to obtain good smile. Visit Smile Savers, which is the best Cosmetic dentistry in Columbia MD to attain outstanding results. Dr. Daniel Stewart founded Smile Savers Dentistry 25 years ago. They apply gentle dentistry techniques because patients are scared or feel embarrassed to clearly discuss their dental problems. They restore the patient’s oral health with gentle care and change their lives.